SEEDS2 will put 50 young Southwark residents, 16 – 25, into apprenticeships and employment at Southwark based SMEs. The Council will contribute to their London Living Wage to ensure a fair standard of living for the young people and to offer an attractive business development opportunity to Southwark businesses. With years of expertise in youth employment and business support, InSpired to Work will enable both young people and businesses to create successful relationships.
Is your business eligible?
The businesses we’re looking for are:
• In Southwark
• Employing 1 – 49 staff currently
• Financially stable
• Eager to invest in their local community & committed to social sustainability
• Interested in hiring 1 – 3 staff from the local area for 6 or 12 months
• Keen to take advantage of the 35 – 50% wage subsidy on offer
• Experts in their field.
How will you benefit?
35 – 50% subsidy for the London Living Wage
• 35% subsidy if you employ a local young person
• 50% if the young person has multiple barriers to work
• 50% if the employment is an apprenticeship
• Eligible for Southwark Council’s Apprenticeship Standard if your new employee is an apprentice.
How will your new employee benefit from SEEDS2?
• London Living Wage
• Guaranteed employment for 6 or 12 months
• Access to opportunities tailored to them
• Support of InSpired to Work
• Recognised qualification if they become an apprentice.
How will we support your new employee?
• A dedicated point of contact at InSpired to Work
• Targeted employability skills workshops
• Personal development workshops
• Access to the wider InSpired to Work programme (inc. bursaries and more)
How will we support your business?
• A dedicated Business Development Coordinator
• Employer training and support materials
• Sourcing and screening candidates
• A tailored recruitment process agreed with you.
• A choice of recruiting a young person on an apprenticeship or on a regular employment contract.
Only 39% of UK businesses currently offer Apprenticeship and 54% say access to additional funding would encourage them to hire more young people.*
Where will your new employee come from?
• The London Borough of Southwark
• We engage with local residents through outreach initiatives, referrals, walk-ins and our long standing reputations in the community.
How to Get Involved
For more information and to register your interest in joining SEEDS2, please contact our Business Development Coordinator at InSpire.
020 7740 6868 | firstname.lastname@example.org |